Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

studiobazaarbannerss

While antiquing in Paris, I stumbled upon this lovely postcard. The children do not appear very awake, but the gentle way in which the mother is more concerned with them, than with the camera- caught my attention. How often do mothers put aside their own wants and needs for that of their children's? Although not a mother yet, I cannot but think of that relationship, as one of the sweetest and strongest bonds in the entire world. It is often said that a man dying from sickness or on the battlefield will cry out for his mother.

It wasn't until months later as I was searching for vintage millinery, I found this framed print. Very Art Nouveau (which I love) and although it is sadly warped, its words are so sweet. "Mother. No nobler thought my soul may claim. No softer word my tongue may frame. Than just that one word, "Mother". All of compassion, of goodness, of love. All of the sweetness of heaven above. God bless the name of Mother. " -J.B. Downie.

So on that note, I wish you all a very Happy Mother's Day. And now I am off to go wrap these lil goodies and go visit my mother.




The postcard and frame are my own pictures, but the rose graphic seen here is from http://ilovedesign2.wordpress.com


(Feel Free to download this and use in your personal artwork or collages. But please do not resell or commercially use this without permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment